I haven’t been a parent for very long at all – five weeks and three days to be precise!
However, there’s a ton of things I have learnt in such a short amount of time and it really is hard now to think about life before when there was just the two of us.
I recently pondered about my new chapter in life as a parent and have compiled a list of points so far which I think sums up life with a baby!
You know you’re a parent to a baby when..
- You get excited about your child’s bowel movements.
- You get more than three hours sleep – or any sleep at all!
- You’ve worn the same clothes for three days in a row.
- You can shower in Olympic record timing.
- There is a muslin and at least one baby item in every single room of your house.
- Preparation for leaving the house can take at least an hour.
- You never meet anyone or do anything before midday (at first)
- Folding and unfolding a buggy and loading the boot of the car replaces your need for a gym membership.
- An entire day can be written off by the slightest change in the weather.
- Panic ensues when you cannot find the little Red Book.
- You are unable to answer the simplest calculation but know exactly how many days, weeks and months old your child is at the drop of a hat.
- You can name all the current sale items and bargains on Amazon due to late night perusing when feeding/rocking/encouraging/pleading with your baby to go to sleep!
- The first smiles and laughs your baby gives you automatically dissolves all current stresses, anxieties, moans, dirty nappies and the fact that your home is quickly becoming a health hazard due to no chores being done.
But as I am quickly finding out, there really is nothing like being a parent…
…and I wouldn’t change it for the world!
I’d be interested to know what else you would you add to this list!