For my best girl’s birthday I wanted to organise something special; a day out that was just for us, but with some luxurious extras. After lots of research, I came across an excellent deal that included spa treatments and a champagne afternoon tea onboard the five star Sunborne Yacht Hotel, ideally situated at the Royal Victoria Dock.
It was such a fabulous day for many different reasons.I’ve picked seven excellent reasons why the Sunborne Yacht Hotel is a perfect place to spend some special time with the girls; or indeed your other half.
1. Location Location Location! As mentioned above, the Sunborne Yacht is ideally situated in the Royal Victoria Dock which is easily accessible by the Docklands Light Railway. Once you alight from the DLR at Custom House for Excel, the Sunborne is sitting on the water in front of you.
2. Decor: Golden and metallic tones, a sweeping glass staircase and plush surroundings make a trip to the Sunborne extra special.
3. Bubbles: Lots of lovely bubbly fizziness available at the bar, with a wide selection to suit all taste buds.
4. The Staff: We had such a warm welcome aboard the Sunborne. It didn’t matter where we were in the Sunborne, every single member of staff we spoke to were helpful and always smiling, which makes such a difference to the overall experience.
5. The Spa: Having a spa treatment as part of the package really made the day extra special. The Spa staff were very professional and we were both made to feel very welcome and relaxed.
6. Afternoon Tea: There is always something special about having an afternoon tea. We made our way to the restaurant area after our spa treatment and were greeted by a very friendly waitress. The menu was explained to us, and there was an opportunity to choose from either a meat or seafood sandwich selection. Scrummy scones, preserves and a selection of sweet treats were all washed down with a superb assortment of teas. The afternoon tea was truly memorable and presented in an impressive way.
7. It’s something a bit different: I am all for trying out new things and experiences. This was the first time I had experienced being on a yacht and I loved every moment. Although we remained stationary, it still made it exciting to spend the day on the water.
I’d love to be able to comment further on the hotel itself, sadly however we had to disembark after our wonderful afternoon tea. Now that I have had a mini taster of what life is like on-board the Sunborne I am hoping to visit again; and this time to experience both day and night, with a luxurious cabin room to escape to.